In 2019 Pedal on Parliament went local – right across Scotland. We rang the changes and joined forces with local groups and individuals in a series of Pop-Up PoPs highlighting the things that need to change. Unlike our normal Pedal on Parliament mass demonstration, our supporters ran creative protests highlighting problems they saw with active travel provision in their local area.
All around Scotland, over three days, from Aberdeen to Dumfries, from Glasgow to Inverness to Stirling to Dundee to Edinburgh and in between, our supporters ran bike buses, human bike lane protests, superhero rides, and a whole range of other creative ways to show that they need better provision for cycling from their local authorities.
A full list of the 2019 Pop Up events is here:
- Aberdeen – Marischal College
- Dumfries – Mad Cow Ride
- Dumfries – St Michael’s Primary School
- Dundee – Slessor Gardens
- East Dunbartonshire – Complete the Bearsway!
- East Lothian – Musselburgh ** Please note this event had been relocated to the Meadows – see Edinburgh – The Chicane Challenge for new details **
- East Renfrewshire – Ayr Road Hill Climb
- Edinburgh – The Chicane Challenge
- Edinburgh – Davidson’s Mains
- Edinburgh – Forrest Road
- Edinburgh – Jelly Baby Lanes
- Edinburgh – Portobello
- Edinburgh – Sciennes Cycling Bus
- Glasgow – BikeLane MEANS BikeLane
- Glasgow – GoBike Board of Shame
- Glasgow – North East Human Bike Lane
- Glasgow – Scotstoun
- Inverness – Crown Primary Cycling Day
- Midlothian – Cycling: Not just for superheroes!
- South Lanarkshire – Cambuslang Hoover-protected bike lanes
- Stirling – Causewayhead