Get ready to go local with POP on the last weekend in April – the 26th to the 28th – right across Scotland. We’re ringing the changes with POP for 2019 and we’re joining forces with local groups and individuals in a series of Pop-Up PoPs highlighting the things that need to change. Unlike our normal Pedal on Parliament, these won’t be mass demonstrations. They’ll be creative protests highlighting the problems in a variety of ways.
People around Scotland will be hosting confirmed pop-up PoPs in the following areas:
- Aberdeen – Marischal College
- Dumfries – Mad Cow Ride
- Dumfries – St Michael’s Primary School
- Dundee – Slessor Gardens
- East Dunbartonshire – Complete the Bearsway!
- East Lothian – Musselburgh ** Please note this event had been relocated to the Meadows – see Edinburgh – The Chicane Challenge for new details **
- East Renfrewshire – Ayr Road Hill Climb
- Edinburgh – The Chicane Challenge
- Edinburgh – Davidson’s Mains
- Edinburgh – Forrest Road
- Edinburgh – Jelly Baby Lanes
- Edinburgh – Portobello
- Edinburgh – Sciennes Cycling Bus
- Glasgow – BikeLane MEANS BikeLane
- Glasgow – GoBike Board of Shame
- Glasgow – North East Human Bike Lane
- Glasgow – Scotstoun
- Inverness – Crown Primary Cycling Day
- Midlothian – Cycling: Not just for superheroes!
- South Lanarkshire – Cambuslang Hoover-protected bike lanes
- Stirling – Causewayhead
For a map and calendar of all the pop-ups see here.
We have even more pop-ups in the pipeline and there is still time to organise one yourself. If you’d like to protest your local barrier to cycling or want to help out,
please let us know – firstname.lastname@example.org