Welcome to anyone joining us from the Pedal for Scotland event today – it was great to speak to so many enthusiastic cyclists from all over the country and hear what you’d like changed to make Scotland a safer place for cyclists of all ages and all abilities. Thanks to the hundreds of you wrote out postcards then and there to your councillors and MSPs; they’ll be winging their way to them shortly.
For those of you keen to join us on our mass ‘pedal on postbox’ event here are the details we have so far – we’ll be adding more as plans come in. Come with your postcard (if you’ve got one) or pick one up on the day. The events are all on Sunday 16th September:
- Edinburgh – meet at the Sir Chris Hoy golden postbox on Hanover Street at 11am (map – facebook event)
- Glasgow – meet outside the Velodrome at 3pm (facebook event)
- Dunblane – meet at the Andy Murray golden postbox on Dunblane High St at 4pm (note new time) (see the facebook event for details)
- Dumfries – meet at St Joseph’s College car park at 4pm (map – facebook event)
- Peebles – Meet at the golden postbox on Peebles High St. (outside the Tontine Hotel) at 11 am (see facebook event for details)
To find out the names and address for your local councillors and MSPs follow this link and enter your post code. If you’d like to get together your own Pedal on Postbox event then let us know via Facebook, twitter or email (hello AT pedalonparliament DOT org). Or simply let us know what you’ve written to your MSPs, councillors or MP via the usual channels.
If this has inspired you to join in the fun with Pedal on Postbox where you are, full instructions of what to do are here.